How Many Teeth Do Kids Have
We Are Going To Explaining A Detailed Answer About how many teeth do kids have, When a baby is born even no teeth can be seen. All their primary teeth are below the gum line. Baby teeth begin to appear between the ages of 6 months to 1 year. Teething is often a painful experience and many babies have sour or tender gums.
Related Links: Do infants need hypoallergenic baby formulas
Now the answer of the question how many teeth do kids have is 20! These twenty teeth are called, primary teeth or baby teeth or deciduous teeth. These teeth help your child to do the following with their food:
So Some Peoples Have The Questions : how many teeth do babies have, Both Question Have the same answer 😉
how many teeth do adults have:
There are 32 permanent teeth in adults. The primary teeth or baby teeth reserves space for the permanent teeth. The deciduous teeth fall out and gives room to the permanent teeth once the permanent teeth starts to erupt.
Read More About: Silent reflux in infants
Types of primary Teeth In Kids:
There are different types of primary teeth, which are as follows:
- Incisors Teeth In Kids: The job of incisor teeth is to cut or bite the food. Kids have 8 incisor teeth for cutting and biting food, 4 on top and 4 at bottom.
- Canines Teeth In Kids: Canine teeth help to tear food. There are 4 canine teeth in kids, 2 on top and 2 at bottom.
- First and Second molars: These are true end teeth. They chew the food and make it like a paste, so that it can go in the tummy easily. There are 8 molar teeth in kids. 4 on top and 4 at bottom.
Adults have 8 premolar teeth and 4 wisdom teeth which make the total of 32 along with 8 incisor, 4 canines and 8 molars. Premolar teeth also help to grind the food in small pieces. A wisdom tooth mostly comes when person became 25 years old. They don’t do much; just indicate that now the person is a big man. They grow at the corners of both jaws.
You Would Love To Read : Importance Of infant Lesson Plans
What is inside the teeth?
There are three layers of teeth. The outer most layers are called Enamel. Inner layer of the teeth is called dentine and then there is a pulp which has nerves and blood cells. Enamel is the strongest part of human body.
After knowing how many teeth kids have, it is also very important to know how to take care of their teeth. Teaching your kid to maintain their oral health is very necessary nowadays. Some of the basic tips that you need to follow are as follows:
- Ask your child to brush his teeth every day with floride toothpastes. Floride makes the teeth more resistant to decay. Start using small quantity of floride after your kid turn 2.
- Limit the intake of sugar. Eating extra sugar can cause bacteria. In the process of eating sugar the bacteria produce acids at the tooth enamel, leading to tooth decay. Saliva can neutralize those acids but only if giving it enough time to work.
- Don’t let your child to sleep while sucking a bottle. Juice, milk, even breast milk contain sugar that can promote tooth decay, especially when doing sleep.
- Sucking for comfort is a completely normal habit for babies and toddlers. But when children constantly suck their thumbs or any other thing, it can affect the alignment of their teeth and the development of their jaws.
Do regular dental visits. The dentist can properly check the tooth decay and evaluate brushing techniques. Regular visits to dentist keep your child’s oral health much better.